1. Definition of a complication. Medicine.Net. http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art. asp?articlekey=25405.
2. Kinney ED, The Origins and Promise of Medical Standards of Care*, American Medical Association Journal of Ethics, VirtualMentor.org. http://virtualmentor.ama-assn. org/2004/12/mhst1-0412.html. December 2004, Volume 6, Number 12.
3. Kelly JT, Swartwout JE. Development of practice parameters by physician organizations. QRB Qual Rev Bull. 1990; 16:54-57.
4. Introduction to Evidence-based Medicine. http://www.hsl.unc.edu/Services/Tutorials/ EBM/whatis.htm
5. AAKP website. Can be obtained: http://www.aakp.org/aakp-library/Home- Hemodialysis/
7. Mactier, R.A & Worth, D. P. Minimizing the Risk of Venous Needle Dislodgement during Hemodialysis. The Artery, issue 41, 2007
8. You Have Options. AAKP. https://www.aakp.org/newsletters/Home-Magazine/On-the- Cover/Home-Options/
9. Shander, A., Hofmann, A., Ozawa, S., Theusinger, O., Gombotz, H., Spahn, D. “Activity-based Costs of Blood Transfusions in Surgical Patients at Four Hospitals.” Transfusion. April 2010, Volume 50, Issue 4, Pages 753-765