Caring for Our World
Raising Awareness for Kidney Disease
- In 2011 DaVita transformed a series of 5K run/walks across the country into a single 5K in Denver (DaVita’s headquarters city), offering no-cost kidney screenings to registrants and raising $500,000 for Bridge of Life—DaVita Medical Missions, which supports providing access to and improving the quality of kidney care in developing countries.
- Tour DaVita, DaVita’s annual 250-mile bicycle ride to raise awareness of and funds for the fight against kidney disease, has involved 1,600 teammates, physicians, friends and patients and has raised $4.1 million to date.
- The DaVita Way of Giving campaign, launched in 2011, empowered teammates at clinics across the country to select more than 600 different charities that received a collective total of $1.5 million in contributions.
- DaVita Village Service Days involve teammates in community-service projects of all kinds. Over the last several years, more than 7,400 teammates and friends have launched a variety of local community-service projects.
- DaVita is the only kidney care company recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency for its sustainability initiatives. Some achievements include operating the only LEED-certified dialysis clinic in the United States, as well as launching the first-ever dialysis clinic to use solar-thermal technology. At DaVita’s corporate headquarters, 95 percent of waste is diverted through composting and recycling efforts.
It is through these programs that we grow ever closer to achieving our vision of Building the Greatest Healthcare Community the World Has Ever Seen. DaVita’s Community Care report on social responsibility is now live on DaVita.com/communitycare.
Click here to read the 2011 Community Care report.DaVita, KidneySmart, Bridge of Life—DaVita Medical Missions and Tour DaVita are trademarks or registered trademarks of DaVita Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.